Eight Great Ways to Stay Fit at Mariposa
With gorgeous scenery and appealing year-round temperatures in Rio Rancho New Mexico, it’s always the perfect season to enhance your mental and physical fitness at Mariposa. When it’s time to work up a sweat, what better place than at the state-of-the-art fitness, swimming and recreational facilities found at Mariposa. Accommodating young families, teens, baby boomers—you name it—Mariposa provides something that will assist with every type of fitness goal for residents of all ages and abilities.
- Fitness Center: Mariposa residents enjoy state-of-the-art fitness equipment at the center. It’s great to have a facility dedicated to residents, whether focused on core fitness, abs, cardio, balance, muscle gain or losing weight, or general heart-healthy workouts.
- Classes: A variety of fitness classes are available in the Movement Studio. Members select from individual or group training. Some of the most popular classes are Zumba, Core Training and Yoga (offered in the park and pool-side too). There’s children’s Kung Fu and adult Tai Chi as well and classes can change based on the members’ interests.
- Sports with neighbors, friends and family are a great way to stay in shape. Shooting hoops or playing Lacrosse at the end of the day provides balance, fresh air and an elevated heart rate no matter what your age. The facilities in the Mariposa community are readily available and well maintained.
- Pools provide a sense of “getting away from it all” that’s fun whether you’re age 6 or 60. Swimming builds muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness while keeping impact stress off your body. Need swim lessons? They’re available for all ages. Or, you can simply float around and converse with friends! There’s no better way to melt the stress away. Mariposa residents enjoy both an indoor pool with lap lanes and an outdoor resort-style pool.
- Parks at Mariposa are great for young families who seek safe, quality playground equipment or just some wide-open space to toss around a ball or let the kids run races.
- Trails for hiking or biking are one of the best-loved perks of Mariposa. There’s access to miles of trails and open space. We’re also seamlessly connected to the 2,000-acre Mariposa Preserve, land protected in perpetuity.
- Community Clean-ups are a great way to meet your neighbors, do some volunteer work and stay in shape at the same time!
- Dance Lessons and Golf Outings are arranged periodically throughout the year and enjoyed by many. Members never run out of things to do in Mariposa’s ever-changing offerings of events, activities, outings and clubs.
All of these activities offer countless ways for Mariposa residents to stay in shape physically and mentally, while creating and supporting a strong, vibrant community. At Mariposa, we’re focused on providing a rich lifestyle in the foothills of Rio Rancho, New Mexico for individuals and families of all ages.
Looking for a new home or custom home site near Albuquerque? Nestled among the foothills of Rio Rancho, Mariposa is a master-planned community situated just 30 minutes north of Albuquerque. Mariposa is designed for living naturally and offers a fully-equipped fitness center, resort-style indoor and outdoor pools, parks, sports courts, miles of trails and abundant open space, and endless views at the Mariposa Preserve and surrounding mountains.
Learn more at https://www.liveinmariposa.com/